Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of driving licence do I need?
Most learner motorcycle and moped riders must take compulsory basic training (CBT). You then have to pass your full motorcycle test within 2 years or you’ll have to take CBT again.
After you’ve completed your CBT, you can ride a moped or a motorbike up to 125cc and with a power output of up to 11kW on the road. You must use L plates (L or D plates in Wales) until you pass your full motorcycle test.
You need to book CBT through an approved training body (ABT) – each ATB sets its own fees.

When you don’t need to take CBT
You don’t need to take CBT to ride a moped if you passed your car driving test before 1 February 2001.
You also don’t have to take CBT if you:

  • have a full moped licence from passing a full moped test after 1 December 1990
  • have a full motorcycle licence for one category and want to upgrade to another

Do the bikes come with road tax?
No, as with any vehicle you purchase, either new or second hand, since 1st October 2014 it is now your responsibility to tax your vehicle in your own name.

Motorcycle road tax for 150cc and below is £22 per year.
Motorcycle road tax for 151cc to 400cc is £47 per year.

Do your new motorcycles come with an MOT?
As with any new vehicle the first MOT will be due 3 years from its date of first registration, this can be found on your V5 document.

Are enduro motorcycles suitable for full time road use?
Enduro motorcycles have an intended purpose for competition use, motorcycles with a DVLA registration document may be used on public highways but all checks must be completed by the owner/rider to ensure all requirements meet the legal road laws.

I want to get insurance quotes online but can’t find the bikes on any insurance companies websites, can you help?
Our Kurz enduro’s and road legals are on most insurance comparison websites, to help further we also have a discount code to give you further savings should you wish call them.
We have a dealer reference code for Bikesure giving you a 10% discount, when calling please quote:

    DEALER CODE (10% discount): G4028      Call 0800 089 0045

Can I purchase a 50cc enduro and upgrade the engine to a 125cc or 150cc when I am 17 years old?
Yes you can, our 125cc and 150cc engines will be a direct replacement fit and allow for an easy plug and play change over, we can also advise on changing your documents to the correct displacement if required.

Do you have a shop/showroom for me to view a motorcycle I’m interested in?
No, we are an internet based company and all of our motorcycles are stored in our secured warehouse.
Although we do have a selection of bikes already built and viewing by appointment can be arranged by contacting us.

I’m 6ft 2” and 100kg, is my height/weight suited to these bikes?
Most of our bikes have been precisely built with the geometry to suit kids and adults alike with foot pegs and handlebars that are positioned accordingly. If you are still unsure based on our guide we recommend for you to visit us and trial the seating position and height for your peace of mind.

Seat height up to 74cm – we advise up to 5ft 10” and 110kg

Seat height above 83cm – we advise up to 6ft 2” and 110kg

Seat height above 83cm – any height is suitable and weight is bike dependant.

These are guides only and your own specific suitability may mean this does not apply to you.

What are the terms and amounts if I wish to finance my bike?
Unfortunately we cannot advise on finance as there are many variations that affect rates, instead we can only advise to click the ‘FINANCE’ tab at the top of this page and contact the finance team direct who can answer all your questions.

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
      Calculate Shipping