Genuine OEM 12v stator / magneto.
- 100% Copper stator magneto 6 pole alternator current (AC)
- Coil material: copper
- Wire length: approx. 45cm
- Outer diameter: approx. 78mm
- Inner diameter: approx. 30mm
- Copper wire diameter: approx. 1mm
Think your stator is faulty? Here are two things we recommend testing with the use of a multi-meter.
Firstly, unplug your stator plug from your bikes wiring loom and carry out all tests on your stator wire plug that comes from the engine.
1. Turn your multi-meter to 2000ohms then taking the red wire from the multi-meter, make contact with the blue/white wire coming from the stator, also taking the black wire from the multi-meter make contact with the green wire coming from the stator (please note for this test your engine does not need to be running). You should now see a reading of over 100ohms on your multi-meter, if not you're stator is faulty.
2. Testing voltage, turn your multi-meter to 20v then taking the red wire from the multi-meter make contact with the black/red wire (live) coming from the stator, also taking the black wire from the multi-meter make contact with the green wire (earth) coming from the stator, now while 'KICK' starting the engine with normal starting effort you should see a voltage reading on the multi-meter typically spiking at 3v or more, if not your stator is faulty.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.